Liaison Librarians carry the responsibility to increase information sharing between the Library and Faculties/Centres/Institutes.Its main objective is to create interaction opportunities for the benefit of both parties.It encourages partnership to ensure fair distribution of information and to improve in fasilities and services to better serve users.
- Build working relationships and cooperation between the Library and the Faculties/Centres/Institutes.
- Cultivate bilateral communication between the Library and UNIMAS academic departments.
- Increase awareness and use of Faculties/Centres/Institutes on the Library's knowledge and services resources.
- Distribute the Library's plans as a future initiative to Faculties/Centres/Institutes.
The Roles of Liaison Librarians
- Updating Faculties/Centres?Institutes on any development pertaining to the library facilities and services through faculty meetings,email announcement etc.
- Attending to reference enquiries from related Faculties/Centres/Institutes when necessary.
- Acting on source of reference for Faculties/Centres/Institutes especially the academic staffs on information sources/materials related to learning, teaching and research needs.
- Assisting in user education classes/workshop to increase users' information skills/knowledge.
- Becoming Subject Specialists for Faculties/Centre/Institutes and actively participating in collection development for new and current programs from respective Faculties/Centres/Institutes.
- Assisting Faculties/Centres/Institutess in accreditation process from professional agencies and MQA by delivering related knowledge/information resources.
- Assisting the Users Education and Information Services Unit in user education programs during Orientation Week for new students.
OUR LIASION LIBRARIANS
EN. WAN ABDUL RAHMAN WAN BUJANG (ext:3912)firstname.lastname@example.org
FACULTY OF RESOURCE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY / INSTITUTE OF HEALTH AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE / INSTITUTE OF BIODIVERSITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION / CENTRE OF WATER RESEARCH