Rules and Regulations
- One must be a registered member
- Borrow according to privileges
- Should not borrow material for other user
- Not allowed to borrow if user has overdue fine or book
- Users are responsible to ensure that all borrowed materials have been properly recorded, this can be checked through your Library Account in the Website or through Library apps in UNIMAS Now.
- Fine will be imposed if material is;
- Misplaced materials (users will be given 2 weeks to search or replace with the same title and edition or latest edition).
- Booking or Reservation is only allowed for books on loan or in process.
- Renewal is not allowed in the following situation:
- Patron with overdue fine
- Patron with overdue book
- Book is recalled by the library
- Damaged item(s)
Overdue and lost items
- Fines are charged for overdue items:
- Open Shelf Collection: 20 cent/day
- Serial Collection: 40 cent/day
- Media Collection: 20 cent/hour
- Red Spot Collection: 20 cent/hour
- Theses and dissertation: 20 cent/hour
- For lost item the borrower will be charged twice the original price of the item or a replacement of the item be made.
For an item that was received as gift, the borrower is required to replace the item with similar title. However, if the item is out of print, the borrower will be charged based on the total number of pages i.e. RM0.20 per page for local publication and RM0.40 per page for foreign publication. And additional RM50.00 processing fee and RM10.00 fine will also be imposed.
Anyone caught defacing/tearing pages out of any material (book/journal/media) shall be required to pay twice the original price of the material. Anyone caught trying to smuggle out any material (book/journal/media), his/her membership shall be suspended for one (1) semester. Their names will also be submitted to the University's Disciplinary Committee for appropriate action.
- Ten (10) days before a book is due, a courtesy reminder will be emailed to the borrower
- Overdue reminders will be sent through email after the books is one (1), four (4) and thirty (30) days overdue
- If there is no response from the borrower, the book is considered lost. The borrower is required to replace the book with a similar title or pay twice the original price of the book.
- No refund will be made once payment has been affected
Usage of Carrel Rooms
- Reservation from outside the library is not allowed.
- Only registered members are eligible to use the facility
- Only one user is allowed in one carrel room at any time
- Personal belongings left in the room will be taken and recorded as the Lost and Found and will be kept for 14 days. Announcement also will be made through the library's website and notices.
- Users who misplace the keys will be charged RM50.00