The Library has started its operation in May 1993 at Rumah Setia, Jalan Taman Budaya, Kuching by providing services and facilities to the first batch of students and academics, before moving to the East Campus, Kota Samarahan in early 1994. In February 2006, the library has moved to its impressive new and permanent building in the West Campus, with an area of about 22,600 square metres, spreading over 5 floors. It is a contemporary building specially designed to be one of the main attractions in campus.
The 3 branches are:
This Branch was set up at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Science’s new building at Lot 77, Jalan Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce, Kuching in November 2002. With an area of around 6500 sq. ft. it could accommodate up to 200 patrons at a time, 2 Computer Laboratories with 60 PCs and bookshelves that could hold up to 80,000 volumes of books and journals. However, In May 2014, the Faculty together with the Medical Library has moved to its permanent building in the West Campus. The Medical Library is now located on the ground and the first floor of an estimated area of 404 sq. m within the Faculty’s building. The Medical Library can now accommodate up to 100 sitting capacity
CAIS INTEGRATED LEARNING FACILITIES (ILF) SIBU
In 2007 a Resource Room was established at the Integrated Learning Facilities in Sibu aiming to provide information resources for medical students doing their clinical postings. With a floor area of around 200 sq. meter, it can accommodate about 1000 volumes of reference materials, 30 seats and a computer laboratory with 15 computers.
CAIS PRE UNIVERSITY STUDIES
PeTARY Pre U is located at UNIMAS East Campus and was established in 2010. The library houses books and other reading materials that caters for Pre-University students and staff. It can accommodate about 213 seating at any one time.